This article is for all those people who are big dreamers but they are not able to convert their dream into reality. Every person has dreams, the ones who don’t have any dreams are dead inside! The more dreams you have, the more you are alive, there are more reasons to live and do something new with your life.
Problem with Dreamers:
There are certain practical problems with the people who can’t convert their dreams into the actual thing but these problems can be solved easily which seem to be a vicious circle for many. First accept that the problems exist, then make sure you are willing to solve these problems. Take this as an important matter, because the most common mistake that a common man makes is that he makes great efforts to plan all the small things in his life but loses the integrated outlook of life.
You’ll plan how to buy a good phone, you’ll go to the websites, read the reviews, plan a budget, see the pictures, go to the local shops, inquire about the best phones in your price range and then finally after all the research you buy the phone. Well done! Now when someone asks you what you want to be in your life, you say… Hey I want to be a famous writer. “And how do you plan to do it”……. And your face goes blank. “I haven’t thought about it, what’s the hurry”? Believe me, when it comes to completing your dreams, tomorrow never comes!! Enough about the problem, let’s move towards the solution. So, how can you break this cycle of monotony ? These are few practical methods which are very effective:
1. Security: 90 % of the people who are unable to start what they want is because of financial and social security. But trust me, you cannot learn to fly until you are afraid of jumping off the cliffs. Your success needs the sacrifice of the feeling of security. Have faith in yourself. If you have faith in yourself, at one point you’ll definitely achieve your dream. If you don’t have faith in yourself, quit reading this article and go back to the unobserved secure life you are living right now. No one will ever bother for what you are doing and why. Everyone in this world is on its own. If you need something, you got to work for it. This situation is also called Fear of Rejection or Failure. As long as you have this fear, you won’t be able to steer your life forward. Always remember, even if you fail, your mind will be satisfied that you tried and it will be willing to try it again with a better approach which will ultimately lead you to success.
2. Dreaming a near destination: The problem with most of the people is they dream for a destination far far away from their current situation, so far that they lose interest in their current journey. For e.g. a man wants to be a businessman, he keeps on dreaming about the life of luxury he’ll have after becoming a successful businessman, he gives little time in making a strategy, making contacts, getting right people and right material for the business. As a result, he becomes just a dreamer and never completes his dream. So what do we get from this story ? Dream about your next intermediate destination which is achievable in 1-2 months. Once you complete it, start dreaming about the next intermediate destination and ways you can achieve it. Trust me, if you use this technique, in just 1 year you’ll realize how much closer you have reached to your goal and the success of completion of your intermediate destinations will keep your interest high and you will perform better.
3. Clearly defined goals : A very effective technique is to write your goals on somewhere that you see everyday. For e.g. If you use computer everyday, you can pick a good wallpaper, open it in Paint(or any other editing software) and write the top 3 goals of your life on it. Now set it as your desktop background so that you see it every day. This is important because your subconscious mind learns as it sees. And once you are able to reach your goals in your subconscious, you’ll find your own ways to success because subconscious mind is like 100 times stronger that your conscious mind and motivation originates through it. But you cannot control your subconscious mind directly, which is why you can use this technique for the same.
4. Thinking to doing ratio: For Dreamers, this ratio is very very high. So what you need to do is before you go to bed, just think about the hours you spent on actually doing things, making things happen and then in your phone take a note of it (in a text note or a message) like :
24th July : 4 hours
Soon, you’ll realize how less time you spent every day for your ultimate goal and how much time you waste doing insignificant things. And one more thing, try to sleep less, most of the non-practical thinkers have an addiction to sleep which is a high cause in making them inactive.
5. You only live once: Whenever you have a resistive feeling towards working for your goal, just think about this line: You live only once and if you cannot complete what you wished, then your life would be a complete waste of time.
6. Go Crazy for the moment : The easiest way to break the vicious circle of dreamers and non-doers is to go crazy for the moment. Don’t think of the consequences and go for the thing that your mind tells you to do. Just don’t harm anyone and don’t break any laws. After you return back to normal, you’ll realize that it wasn’t as hard as it seemed to be. This way, your brain will lose the pathetic feeling of security and will be willing to try new things.
And always remember: There can be no genuine excuse for not being successful.
November 1, 2014
September 17, 2014
September 14, 2014
August 30, 2014
May 19, 2014
May 12, 2014