Hey Granpa ! You read the title and you thought you’ll get the fountain of youth here ? There’s no such thing exists on earth. To stay young and fit, you’ll have to make a commitment to yourself and it will take discipline and self control.
Last line was boring… Wasn’t it ? Nobody wants his self control knocking on the door with Discipline as his date when you see chocolate cake in front of you. Same happens with me, no biggie! A wise person said once, “If you want the quickest way to do a thing, ask the laziest person you know to do it”, because the lazy person would find the quickest and easiest way to do anything. That wise man didn’t say any other wise thing ever again because he was a lazy ass himself. But the good news is : You don’t have to search for a lazy person as I am here to help you. I’ll give you some of the most efficient and easiest ways to stay young and fit for as long as possible:
1. Food: This is the most dominating factor in deciding the aging of your body. If you eat right, you’ll stay young, fit and beautiful. As the most important meal of the day, your breakfast should contain no oil, spices or heavy food. Eat some cereal, have some milk and you can add eggs if you want but try to eat less in the morning. If you are below the age of 35, you can have chicken, meat and all other non-vegetarian foods for lunch or dinner but if you are above the age of 35, it’s time to go vegan. Non-Vegetarian food contains a lot of free radicals that increases aging, so you can start searching for tasty vegan dishes if you want to stay young and fit for long period of your life.
2. Drink a lot of water: There’s one best thing that can drain all the aging chemicals out from your body and it is free. When you drink a lot of water, it not only keeps your body healthy and face glowing but it also takes harmful chemicals out from your body and doesn’t allow them to accumulate.
In short, for the above 2 points : Eat Less and Drink more(water not alcohol…;) )
3. Exercise: Your body only develops in the direction of your requirements. If you do some regular physical exercise, your body will understand the need to keep your body organs and muscles good for as long as possible. So take out 15 minutes in the morning and do some simple jogging, stretching, pushups or jumping. It’s better if you are going to a gym, but the basic running and stretching would also suffice. This will not only keep you young and fit physically but also keep a good surge of energy in your body all day long.
4. Decrease the intake of alcohol: From a heavy heart, I am informing you that the excessive intake of alcohol increases the cell aging. So if you are drinking more, you’ll become old before your time. I know it’s terrible, even I wept for a day in my room when I came to know it was true. So try to reduce your alcohol intake and cell aging would be slow and you’ll stay young and clear minded. Can’t stress much on this point, I’ll start crying again!!
5. Stay away from Stress: Stress is a factor that takes out most from your body and mind. Stress causes heart problems, mental problems and most importantly it causes wrinkles on your face. So avoid stress and try to remain happy. Get a pet, listen to music and keep good humorous friends around you. Actually I have an excellent article written for this very purpose (Read it only when you finish this one) :
I know you felt cheated as we approach towards the end of this article because in starting I said the techniques to stay fit and young would be easy and quick. And you started reading the article with your tongue out and saliva dropping from it (Just like a dog seeing a big piece of meat). But I quoted that as I wanted you to know all the best ways to do it, even when they take some hardwork, discipline and self control. So wake up from your dreams, you can’t achieve anything good unless you work hard for it and I am sure you’ll start implementing the above ways if you have the thirst to stay young and fit for as long as possible.
March 2, 2015
February 12, 2015
November 1, 2014
August 18, 2014
June 4, 2014
May 27, 2014